Thursday, August 16

coming to the end...



Been crazy busy since my last post...so many things to get done!! Tuesday my family went the state fair...it was a lot of fun. Iowa has one of the best state fairs in the country...it's huge! We saw the world's largest bull...umm..yeah...let's just say the thing looked like it ate 10 cows...it was huge! We stayed away from the sheep barn...can't handle sheep...they freak me out! The best thing about the fair...well at least for me...is the food! Oh yeah...they have sooooo many things to choose from. Foot long corndogs...pork on a stick....funnel cake....cotton candy....turkey legs....tenderloins....the list goes on and on. I finally settled on a gizmo...it's ground beef and Italian sausage with some special sause and seasonings covered with lots of cheese on an Italian roll...let me tell ya...it's goooooooood! I got a strawberry smoothie with it too...wonderful! haha...ok...enough about the food. My parents and my sister wanted to go hear this band play for a little while...so while they did that I hung out and watched the talent show. It was pretty cool...this one girl got up there and belted out some Italian, opera kinda song. I'm not too crazy about opera...but it was awesome. She did really good. She made the top 5. I read some thing in the newspaper that said the funnel cakes at the fair are like 700 calories...holy cow! Good thing I didn't eat one of those. It would of taken me the whole vball season to burn that off! haha...although...pretty sure the gizmo has a lot in it too. ANYWAY...

It's coming down to the wire and I'm having to say goodbye to everyone. My fav people at church are the Potter's and their kids. Mrs. Potter and I are good friends...and I love her kids....Trent, Seth and Ashlynn...their so cute. :) They left for vacation this week so I won't see them before I leave. It's weird at the end of the summer for me...I feel like I'm soooo ready to come back and I can't wait...but at the same time I get all emotional...it's weird. I'm definitely ready though. And...my birthday is in one week! :) I'll finally be 20...it really stinks having such a late birthday....all my friends have been 20 for a long time...getting ready to turn 21! Oh well...I can't wait...won't be a stinking teenager anymore...nice! People may think I still act like one...but oh well.
Anyway...if I don't get a chance to post again before I leave...I'll see ya'll in a week! Love ya!

1 comment:

Smiley said...

taryn that food looks disgusting!!! and you said the sheep creep you out!!! i'd rather look at the sheep than the food!!! strawberry smoothie sounds nice though.