Friday, July 27

Dalton Casey Jones


This weekend I get to hang out with my little brother...isn't he so cute!? Mom and Dad went to Davenport this weekend because mom is running in a 1/2 marathon. Yes...my mother is a runner. Pretty cool, huh? Right about now you're wondering deep within yourself...and what happened to me??! Simply...I did not inherit the gene of running. I just strictly run to play sports...not run to just run. Anyhoo...that's what they're doing. My sister is in the Ozarks...so it's just me and Dalton. He's going to be 13 in just a couple of weeks! I can't believe it. So...he's at that stage where they think they know EVERYTHING...but he is a pretty cool kid. I sorta feel like a mother though...I keep asking him if he's hungry! Poor kid...he's gonna be fat by the time mom and dad get home. Jeepers...I hope I don't do that when I have kids someday. Anyhoo...

Other than that there isn't much happening this weekend...just work. Monday is Angela's birthday and we're going to Des Moines to go shopping...and then we're going to get massages at a day spa! How awesome is that!? I've always wanted to do that. Don't worry...we shouldn't get a flat tire...I'm not driving.


Love you all! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

GottaHaveFaith said...

I can tell you didn't inherit the running genes for if you did you wouldn't have those fankles. lol Just kidding. I love you, although you prolly hate me and would kill me if we were together. Thank goodness you are in Iowa, and I'm in Indiana. Can't wait to see you! - Faith

Smiley said...

Taryn glad you had a good time with your brother! Nate should be here soon and we can finally spend some time together!! have fun at the spa!!! i don't think i could ever get a massage done but i hope you enjoy it!! love ya!

Unknown said...

I can tell Dalton is your brother...you both look so much alike! So, my Tidy is only 11, and he's been in the thinks he knows everything stage for years now! And, I think you're probably better at the whole "mother" thing than I...I eat all of Titus' food instead of asking him if he wants any! Oopsys! Guess my kids will be skinny :0)