Thursday, July 26

Will I ever prove to them I can drive???

Ok...so I have to tell you about the other day when I took my aunt to the airport. My grandma has a lexus...ya know...really nice car! Well...last year she let me drive it to Des Moines to pick Linda up...by myself. So this year she decides that I better not drive it unless I'm with her...what!? I ended up taking my car to pick Linda up...don't you think my family would realize that I'm a pretty capable driver...since I don't know...I've driven to TN and back just fine and I'm 20 years old (well almost)!!!
Anyway...grandma decides that she wants to go when I take Linda back to the airport...so then it's ok for me to drive the lexus...cuz she's with me.
Well...we're cruising along...we're just about 20 minutes from the airport...and then it happened...
I looked down for some reason and when I looked up there was a huge chunck of cement in the road and I couldn't get out of the way in time...so we ran over it and blew the tire!!!! Oh it was awful. Now my grandma is panicking...cuz none of us know how to change a tire and Linda is gonna miss her flight if we don't get there soon. So...we're sitting there wondering what we're going to do when a police car comes driving by. My aunt (being the smart person she is) jumps out of the car and flags the guy down. He turns around and comes over to see what the problem is. My aunt tells him we have a flat and that she needs to get to the airport soon. So...he changed our tire for us! How nice was that?? The whole thing only took about 20 minutes and we made it to the airpot with plenty of time to spare. All I can say is that it was the Lord who sent that police officer at that exact time.
So...after all of that...now my chances of proving to my family that I'm a good driver are non-existent. Oh well...I guess you can't win them all.

3 comments:

Smiley said...

hahahahahaha!!!! only you taryn!! sorry it worked out that way but its kinda hilarious!! i can't believe you don't know how to change a tire??? everyone should know how to do that. i suggest you learn soon! love ya!!

Unknown said...

Oh, that is sooo hilarious, Taryn!!! Sounds like something that would happen to me! I'm forever looking every which-a-way while driving. And, umm, you're not the only one...I don't know how to change a tire either. Maybe we should learn???

Charity

sarah lauren said...

You are hilarious!! I am 25 years old and my parents still refuse to ride in the car if I am driving. Don't think it will ever change...the only time my dad ever let me drive with him was Christmas Day 2000 and we were on the interstate for 2 hours...I was all over the highway! :)